Increase Access and Quality for ALL Young Children
Increase investments in early childhood education:
- Promote national, state, and local policies related to equitable access to high-quality early learning.
- Engage in raising public awareness about the importance of early development and high quality early childhood care and education.
- Educate our members and community about the importance of advocacy.
Collaborate and Coordinate with other ECE Stakeholders to Advance our Public Policy and Advocacy Agenda
- Support alignment between and among early childhood entities, stakeholders, and others involved in ECE advocacy and policy.
- Collaborate with AzAEYC, in alignment with the 2017 Memorandum of Understanding to advance our shared public policy goals.
- Work with state and local groups that have an interest in advancing similar priorities, including:
- Arizona Early Childhood Alliance (AZECA)
- Arizona Early Childhood Education Association (AECEA)
- Child Care Aware of America (CCAA) and Child Care Resource and Referral (CCRR)
- Children’s Action Alliance Southern Arizona Advisory Committee
- Preschool Promise
- Collaboration with AZAEYC, AECEA, CCRR with the Roberts Wood Johnson Foundation
- First Focus on Kids/Cradle to Career
Promote Excellence and Equity for the Profession
- Support and promote Power to the Profession, a national collaboration to define the early childhood profession by establishing a unifying framework for career pathways, knowledge and competencies, qualifications, standards and compensation.
- Seek out members for the board to expand and diversify our community representation, message and intentional commitment to be a High-Performing, Inclusive Organization (HPIO).
- Build leadership and advocacy capacity to propel the field, profession and systems of early learning.