Want to support your Local Southern ARizona affiliate?
- Giving Tuesday, November 27
- Sign up for Fry’s Community Rewards and select SAZAEYC #81842
- Use AmazonSmile when shopping online, and select SAZAEYC
All young children thrive and learn in a society dedicated to ensuring they reach their full potential.
SAZAEYC promotes high-quality early learning for all children, birth through age 8, by connecting practice, policy and research. We advance a diverse, dynamic early childhood profession and support all who care for, educate, and work on behalf of young children.
VALUES AND BELIEFS
Our core values are defined in the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct and are deeply rooted in the early childhood profession. In addition, we seek to be a high-performing, inclusive organization that is enriched by and continually grows from our commitment to diversity, as embodied by our core beliefs. We strive to uphold these values and beliefs in all our initiatives within this document and our interactions in the communities we serve.
What We Do
SAZAEYC works to support high-quality education for children and high-quality professional development for its members. We are your local affiliate with the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Our annual conference held in the fall at the University of Arizona offers 8 hours of high-quality professional development for early childhood educators.
- EduFun: Events in Green Valley, Safford, Nogales and Tucson
- Social Events, including quarterly happy hours: Watch the SAZAEYC listserv
- Board Meetings: The first Wednesday of each month
- Las Familias: As a member of United Way’s Great Expectations for Children and Families our Community of Practice is called Las Familias. “Communities of practice are groups of people who share a concern or a passion for something they do and learn how to do it better as they interact regularly.” —Etienne Wenger
- Join monthly discussion groups, visit other schools, and refine your practice.
- College credit
As a member you join the largest national network of early childhood teachers. As a professional you learn about new ideas in the field, receive book and conference discounts, and experience support from your colleagues. Click here to join online or call 502-909-0390 for membership information.