Our Mission: Our Children’s Success
We believe all young children should thrive and learn in a society dedicated to ensuring they reach their full potential. The Southern Arizona Association for the Education of Young Children promotes high-quality early learning for all children, birth through age 8, by connecting practice, policy and research. We advance a diverse, dynamic early childhood profession and support all who care for, educate, and work on behalf of young children.
What We Do
SAZAEYC works to support high-quality education for children and high-quality professional development for its members. We are your local affiliate with the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Our Annual Conference held each fall at the University of Arizona offers 8 hours of high-quality professional development for early childhood educators
- Social Events, including quarterly happy hours
- Board Meetings: We meet first Wednesday of each month at Make Way for Books, members of the public are welcome to attend
- Las Familias: Whole Teacher, Whole Child Community Of Practice
- Join monthly discussion groups, visit other schools, and refine your practice.
- College credit
As a SAZAEYC and NAEYC member, you join the largest national network of early childhood teachers. As a professional you learn about new ideas in the field, receive book and conference discounts, and experience support from your colleagues. Click here to become a NAEYC member or email Kelly Ann Larkin for membership information.
Values and Beliefs
Our core values are defined in the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct / El Código de Conducta Ética y Declaración de Compromiso and the NAEYC statement on Advancing Equity in Early Childhood Education / Promover la Equidad en la Educación Infantil. In addition, we seek to be a high-performing, inclusive organization that is enriched by and continually grows from our commitment to diversity, as embodied by our core beliefs. We strive to uphold these values and beliefs in all our initiatives within this document and our interactions in the communities we serve. See our Diversity and Non-discrimination Policy here.