Welcome to the Southern Arizona Association for the Education of Young Children. We’re working harder than ever to provide you more than ever before. As a proud affiliate of the National Association for the Education of Young Children, SAZAEYC is proud to announce a set of brand-new membership categories and benefits to support your professional journey.
Whether you’re new to the field, a seasoned veteran, a student, PhD, or somewhere in between, there is a place for YOU at NAEYC!
- Entry Level Membership $30 – Your digital-based introduction.
- Standard Membership $69 – Unparalleled content and benefits.
- Premium Membership $150 – The best value, the ultimate NAEYC experience.
- NEW! Family Membership $35 – For families and advocates of young children.
Join SAZAEYC, and together, we’ll go far! Click here to join.
Entry Level Membership ($30)
Entry Level membership is a digitally-based introduction to NAEYC and its diverse professional resources. Are you a student or young professional joining NAEYC for the first time? This is where to start!
- Access to content you can use right away—such as ideas for implementing developmentally appropriate practice, fostering strong family engagement, and more— through NAEYC digital resources.
- Access to NAEYC’s Interest Forums, where you can connect with members who share your specific passion.
- Discounted insurance offerings through the Trust for Insuring Educators (TIE), including professional liability insurance, home, auto, and others.
- 20 percent discount on all orders from NAEYC’s online store, as well as access to exclusive member-only resource sales during the year.
- Exclusive access to member-only sessions at NAEYC events, including the member-only VIP lounge at Annual Conference and the member-only hour in the exhibit hall.
- Registration opportunities for member-only events, including our Public Policy Forum, which brings members together in Washington, DC, to advance federal and state early childhood policy.
- Discounted subscription rates for additional publications and resources: Early Childhood Research Quarterly, Exchange Magazine, Highlights High Five, Highlights Hello, and Education Week
Standard Membership ($69)
- NAEYC Standard membership ensures you’re fully equipped as a professional, with the latest resources, events, research, discounts, and more. Benefits at the Standard level include ALL Entry Level benefits, plus:
- A subscription to one of NAEYC’s award-winning periodicals. Choose from five issues of Young Children (YC) or five issues of Teaching Young Children (TYC).
- One complimentary NAEYC book, published and selected by NAEYC, delivered to you during your membership year.
- Registration discounts for NAEYC’s events, including our Annual Conference and Professional Learning Institute.
- Deep discounts and coupons for every teacher’s favorite retail and entertainment venues across the country.
- One complimentary registration for one NAEYC online professional learning course during your membership year.
Premium Membership ($150)
- NAEYC Premium membership provides unparalleled access to NAEYC’s robust suite of member benefits. Premium members receive ALL benefits at the Entry and Standard levels, in addition to:
- Four complimentary publications handpicked by NAEYC and delivered to you during your membership year, as well as one additional publication of your choice.
- Subscriptions to both of NAEYC’s award-winning periodicals, Young Children (YC) and Teaching Young Children(TYC).
- Complimentary registration for two NAEYC online professional learning courses during your membership year.
Exclusive access to VIP events, such as book signings and networking sessions, at NAEYC’s Annual Conference and Professional Learning Institute.
Family Membership ($35)
This is an exciting, brand NEW membership option designed for members outside of the early learning profession, inbcluding parents, family members, and early childhood advocates. Benefits include:
- Access to exclusive NAEYC content specifically for families. Looking for high-quality early learning centers? Wondering how best to support your child’s learning once they get home from school? This is the membership option for you!
- Access to NAEYC’s Interest Forums, where you can connect with members to learn about specific topics in early childhood. A great resource for families!
- Discounted insurance offerings, including home, auto, and life insurance.
- 20 percent discount on all orders from NAEYC’s online store, as well as access to exclusive member-only sales during the year.
- Discounted subscription rates for additional publications and resources: Early Childhood Research Quarterly, Exchange Magazine, Highlights High Five, Highlights Hello, and Education Week.
Membership Contact Persons
Lindsey Shotwell, Co-VP of Membership
Paula Buelna-Garza, Co-VP of Membership
Kelly Ann Larkin, SAZAEYC Executive Director
Your membership helps to:
Improve your teaching and learning
Raise the quality of early childhood education programs
Build the early childhood profession
Promote public support and policies for young children
Need to talk with NAEYC about your membership?
If you still have questions about NAEYC membership, send an email to email@example.com or call the Customer Care Center at (800) 424-2460, option 4 (9am-5pm, Eastern Time).
Why do I care about belonging to an “affiliate” and what is an “affiliate” anyway?
Affiliates are the local chapters of the state and national AEYC organization. In Arizona, all NAEYC members not only belong to the National Association for the Education of Young Children, you also have membership in the Arizona state AEYC. Upon registering for membership, you may also have been given the opportunity to join your local affiliate (all for the same registration fee).
Arizona currently has two local affiliates: Arizona AEYC (based in Phoenix) and Southern Arizona AEYC (based in Tucson). Depending upon where you live, by choosing to belong to one of the local affiliates you join their listserv, receive information about their upcoming events, and you have a connection with your local early childhood community.
If you have questions or are not sure whether you are a member of your local affiliate, you can log on to the NAEYC website and check your membership status. You also have the option to join more than one local affiliate, which many members do–especially if they live and work in different areas.