A LETTER FROM ALICIA DURBIN, SAZAEYC BOARD PRESIDENT
February 20, 2018
Dear SAZAEYC Members, Colleagues, Partners, and Friends,
There are exciting things in store for SAZAEYC and the early childhood profession.
In January of 2017, SAZAEYC was granted affiliate status by the NAEYC Governing Board and we have been hard at work ever since. We are your membership organization! In a letter of congratulations, NAEYC Chief Executive Officer Rhian Evans Alvin wrote, “…we are delighted to be working with you and we look forward to building a professional membership association early childhood educators can’t live without.”
What does SAZAEYC being an affiliate mean to you as Members, Colleagues, Partners, and Friends?
First and foremost, SAZAEYC’s work for over 50 years supporting the early childhood profession and high-quality early learning will continue by:
- Hosting the annual fall conference that draws over 25 presenters, 30 exhibitors and 500 enthusiastic early childhood educators from over three states to learn as professionals together,
- Partnering with the AzAEYC affiliate, NAEYC, and local organizations, like United Way, to advance the early childhood profession statewide and nationally through strategic, collaborative initiatives, and
- Ensuring that our voices are heard locally and nationally in support of those we all serve – children as well as families and early childhood professionals.
In addition, look for the new opportunities SAZAEYC’s affiliate status is creating:
- increased involvement in new partnerships in the community, statewide, and nationally, such as the Power to the Profession Initiative, as well as reaching out to rural communities and all of Southern Arizona
- more member events to both educate and inform each other such as our annual Awards Brunch (save the date for 5/5/18), professional development opportunities, and member networking events and
- additional ways for us to make our profession and young children’s education better.
The SAZAEYC Board wants to move forward with you. We encourage SAZAEYC members, colleagues, partners, and friends to reach out to us and partner with us on the innovative opportunities that the affiliate status provides us.
As the SAZAEYC President and a member of the early childhood community, I want to express my gratitude to all the SAZAEYC board members and staff who have worked so hard over the last several years to make SAZAEYC such a robust organization, bringing benefits to all its members and the early childhood community.
SAZAEYC Board President