Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow
September 23, 2017
Call for Workshops and Presentations
Proposals due WEDNESDAY, April 26th by midnight
The 2017 SAzAEYC Annual Conference theme is “Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow.” The SAZAEYC Annual Conference is an excellent opportunity to:
- Share the knowledge and best practices that you use,
- Contribute to early childhood educators’ professional development – beyond the mandated professional development,
- Build your own and your colleagues’ sense of professionalism and commitment to young children, and
- Network with fellow professionals in the early childhood community
We are interested in reaching out to new voices and new audiences at the conference. If you have not presented before, we encourage you to submit a proposal. We also want to increase the number of presentations that are offered in Spanish and/or bilingually. Please consider submitting a proposal and helping us increase the diversity of voices in our community.
The following conference strands and topics have been provided as a starting point. Presenters can develop the Conference theme – “Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow” – through one of the following strands or topics or another great idea that you have!
- Learning with Children
- Leading with Children
- Learning with Colleagues
- Leading with Colleagues
- Learning about the Profession
- Leading in the Profession
- Early Learning – Play based environments, school readiness, brain development, or more.
- STEM/STEAM – Science, technology, engineering, arts and math
- Mental Health – Behavior guidance, children with special rights, social-emotional development
- Infants and Toddlers – Infant development, partnering with children’s first teachers, health
- Home Providers –The home learning environment, services for children with special needs
- Culturally Responsive Teaching – Indigenous education; native language resources, indigenous children’s rights native language resources, indigenous children’s rights; bilingualism/multilingualism; diverse learners.
- Director – leadership, teamwork, coaching, negotiation, adult learning.
- Tucson Children’s Project, Montessori, or Waldorf – Reggio Emilia, invitations, learning environments, relationships with families
- Information Technology –cameras, tablets, phone in teaching, Microsoft, Excel, apps.
To submit a presentation/workshop proposal, you will complete pages 2 and 3 of this call for presenters. Please review the proposal form before you begin.
There are two ways to submit your proposal:
- Complete the proposal online.
- Email the proposal to the SAzAEYC Association Manager, Debby Buchanan at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in presenting at this year’s conference. The SAZAEYC Board and early childhood community are excited to have you learn and lead at the SAZAEYC Annual Conference.