Inspire, Engage, Educate, and Rejuvenate
Southern Arizona Association for the Education of Young Children Annual Conference
Saturday October 1, 2016
Call for Workshops and Presentations
Proposals due Friday May 27, 2016
The 2016 SAzAEYC Annual Conference theme is Inspire, Engage, Educate, and Rejuvenate. The Annual Conference is an excellent opportunity to
- share the knowledge and best practices that you use;
- contribute to early childhood educators’ professional development—beyond the mandated professional development; and
- build your own and your colleagues’ sense of professionalism and commitment to young children.
We are interested in reaching out to new voices and new audiences at the conference. If you have not presented before, we encourage you to submit a proposal. We also want to increase the number of presentations that are offered in Spanish and/or bilingually.
Please consider submitting a proposal and helping us increase our voice in the community. The following Conference strands have been provided as a starting point. Presenters can develop the Conference theme—Inspire, Engage, Educate, and Rejuvenate—through one of the following strands or another great idea!
- Early Learning: Play based environments, school readiness, brain development, or more
- STEM/STEAM: Science, technology, engineering, arts, and math
- Mental Health: Behavior guidance, children with special rights, social-emotional development
- Infants and Toddlers: Infant development, partnering with children’s first teachers, health
- Home Providers: The home learning environment, services for children with special needs
- Indigenous Education: Culturally responsive teaching, native language resources, indigenous children’s rights
- Director: Leadership, teamwork, coaching, negotiation, adult learning
- Tucson Children’s Project: Reggio Emilia, invitations, learning environments, relationships with families
- Information Technology: Cameras, tablets, phone in teaching, Microsoft, Excel, apps
To submit a presentation/workshop proposal, please provide the following information.
- A title
- Description of the workshop/presentation
- Connection to the conference theme, strand, and developmentally appropriate practice (choose from the selections provided in item #8 of the application)
- Learning outcomes and strategies
There are three ways to submit your proposal.
- Download the proposal application, complete, and email the proposal to the SAzAEYC Association Manager, Debby Buchanan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download the proposal application, complete, and mail the proposal to
PO Box 308
Arivaca, AZ 85601
- Complete the proposal online on Survey Monkey.
Thank you for your interest in presenting at this year’s conference. We are excited to have you Inspire, Engage, Educate, and Rejuvenate the early childhood community.