All young children thrive and learn in a society dedicated to ensuring they reach their full potential.
SAzAEYC promotes high-quality early learning for all children, birth through age 8, by connecting practice, policy and research. We advance a diverse, dynamic early childhood profession and support all who care for, educate, and work on behalf of young children.
VALUES AND BELIEFS
Our core values are defined in the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct and are deeply rooted in the early childhood profession. In addition, we seek to be a high-performing, inclusive organization that is enriched by and continually grows from our commitment to diversity, as embodied by our core beliefs. We strive to uphold these values and beliefs in all our initiatives within this document and our interactions in the communities we serve.
SAzAEYC Strategic Priorities
HIGH-QUALITY EARLY LEARNING
GOAL: Children birth through age 8 have equitable access to developmentally appropriate, high-quality early learning.
- Annual increase of early care and education programs in Southern AZ in quality improvement systems (NAEYC, NECPA, NACCP, NAFCC)
- Support developmentally appropriate practices for children birth through age 8
- Promote national and state policies related to equitable access to high quality early learning
GOAL: The early childhood education profession exemplifies excellence and is recognized as vital and performing a critical role in society.
- Participate as a leader in the professional preparation and development efforts in Southern Arizona
- Fully implement the Brenda Loomis “Hello My Friend” Scholarship
- Recognize and celebrate excellence in our profession through the Annual Awards Brunch
- Through the Annual SAzAEYC Conference, promote and support professional development and networking opportunities for early childhood professionals
GOAL: NAEYC is a highly valued, credible, and visible organization.
- Develop Edufun and other events to increase membership recruitment and retention for young and diverse early childhood educators
- Inform members and other professionals of the resources available through NAEYC
GOAL: NAEYC reflects excellence in all aspects of organizational health and vitality.
- Develop a comprehensive communication plan
- Increase organizational capacity (assets/resources) by seeking and implementing grants/projects that serve members
- Maintain administrative structures with the organization
- Seek member input into creating a diverse governing board
- Focus on advocacy that is visible, meaningful and inclusive especially for teachers and caregivers
LEADERSHIP AND INNOVATION
GOAL: NAEYC cultivates leadership and incubates innovative strategies that propel the field, profession, and systems of early learning.
- Promote SAzAEYC as a reliable, productive collaborator in early childhood education
- Support and promote the Community of Practice, Las Familias, in connecting professionals and continuing education for emerging leaders
- Continue to solicit member input to foster innovative collaboration